Reviews of K.L.E.R.E.
Every Monday 3-5pm ET online:
WFMU's GTDR (next: 8/3 3pm)
& Alternating Mondays 2-4pm ET radio*+online:
WTJU (next: 8/3 2pm) (*Radio: 91.1 FM C'ville VA)
Show ended 2 hours, 14 mins ago.
Listen to hear the archived audio.
"Ken! That was Fantastic! THANK YOU <3 Felt some kinda goodness flowing in out and all around."
- "Congratulations. This is one of the best things I've ever heard. Just remarkable. It's gorgeous, it's a piece of, it's a work of art. It's been just lovely to listen to while I've been painting."
- "I'm listening to your Last Ever Radio Show for the First Time, and I'm falling more and more in love with it with every passing moment. Your monologues are delightfully hypnotic. Thank you so much for doing this beautiful work(/p l a y). I'm specifically listening to "Limits (taking care)", and it's incredible."
- "Ken, your broadcast brings me to my knees, I'm covered in tears. Thank you. You are such a breath of fresh air."
- "You are a rare artist. Self indulgently beautiful."
- "It is very beautiful and just the right amount of troubling for me."
- "I love what you're doing. It's brave, chaotic, and wonderful."
- "I've been listening to your shows at work (I'm a gardener) if I'm walking, drifting off to sleep, painting...they are something special, incredible, they come alive. They feel personal and magic. I really really love it. Absolutely beautiful audio. You, sir, are a genius. Time is flying by."
- "Your radio productions are truly gifted works of art. Thanks for sharing them with us. When I catch your show I am always amazed and wind up learning something new."
- "I believe you belong to the very small group of DJ's who have in some way reinvented the genre. I truly believe you are the author of a unique creative experience and wonder how it could be made into some actual "theater" that would include improv, psychodrama, therapy and entertainment."
- "Can't recommend enough: a live, spontaneous music collage that creates a powerful psychedelic Dada experience. Something really unique. Try it at least once."
- "I am continually enchanted and captivated by your light. Your sound experiments take me immediately into a space of playfullness and curiousity. You capture beautifully the spirit of adventure, peace and love."
- "Your observations are vivid and disconnecting. Ken's Last Ever terrifies everyone I share it with."
- "We need more people like you who are willing to stretch the boundaries of what we think is musically possible."
- "your atmospheric enviroments take me away from the suburbian craters I currently find myself surviving. The world is a night of sunshine and I am glad you share it."
- "Best thing I've listened to since Negativland in college, but I enjoy you more. Please keep up the amazing work. The field recordings sound great alongside the ambient bird songs on our property. Much respect for your craft."
- "What you said and wordlessly expressed really help me know that I do belong as part of this overall movement. Responding to and adding many additional layers of awareness to what actually happens in the true shared progression of life is something that you do so well!!"
- "Ken's Last Ever Radio Extravaganza was the coolest radio program I have ever listened to."
- "We listened to one of the shows (think it was Dreams, Impossibility, Love) in the car the other day and really liked it. More than I was expecting to! ;) We definitely plan to listen to more in coming days."
- "We are snowed in today in Quebec and I am soooo grateful to have discovered your beautiful and intelligent radio show! I'm slowly and slowly becoming addicted :)"
- "So good - worth its weight in gold and laughter. Those are only the first couple of levels of enjoyment. Still a few more on top of them to delight in!"
- "At first I thought this was Negativland, and I'd like to have this playing full-time in my bathroom all the time."
- "Thanks for your sound collage. I heard part(s) of it on the way home from work today and was really taken in by it. It's nice to hear something genuinely beautiful and interesting on the radio. Good fit for a somber October day."
- "As I started listening, I questioned all things and realized I've opened up a box or a hole in the back of the closet; I knew the closet was there but the hole I wasn't aware of. Or even more so; I knew the closet was there and the proximity of the closet and the space it takes up in my mind is only part of the actual amount of space that I have allotted or am spatially aware of the actual things that I know of and the other things I have not yet fully discovered or come to realize. And there is your show in a hole that is now simply a part of the space in my mind that actually exists and is fully a part of the spatial existence of the entire closet and hole, originally manifested as an agreement that one day I will discover the remainder of unknowns and will find something good. It's been 24 years of your show to come to this moment..."
- "Kenzo's show feels like the soundtrack to an epic movie."
- "I used to listen to these shows religiously many years ago. Great to see you're making them again. Keep creating."
- "I think I "understand" and feel your art. Calling it art is a fair word. I am also creating an "understanding" of who you might be from what you say, what you do and what you do not say and do not do...A convoluted way of saying I admire your work and its inherent ambition."
- "The first feeling I had when I stumbled on your show was serendipity, I could immediately feel that there was a reason For me to continue listening to the broad cast, even though I wasn't sure what it was about or what I was looking for. I was encapsulated with the sensation that my thoughts where valid and many others have felt them. I believe I felt these things because you suggested that I could, because you believed in me it was easier for me to believe in my self."
- "Exactly my cup of tea. Great stuff. Very coherent, yet wonderfully fluid."
- "I really enjoy listening to these old shows when I walk back home at night. I usually even ignore a bus that would get me home faster so that I can listen to more of it."
- "This program is really surreal to listen to while you're sleeping."
- "LOVE the show. Over the past few years, I have caught snippets of your show, always at a time of day that I need some positive support when my energy is running down in the afternoon. It has seemed to me that either you have studied and practiced Buddhism or you are naturally inclined to incorporate Buddhist thought into your commentary and soundscapes. I am very comforted by the show while also being engaged in the thought patterns, an interesting combination."
- "While listening I was reminded of my own mind-Thinking-layers of remembering, wishing, interruptions, announces, fantasies - related and unrelated entering and exiting. Thanks for sharing."
- "I've been listening to your collages for so long, I love your work ... I show it to my friends often."
- "So fucking good. You were working some magic there. I was having a very solipsistic experience and my heart was beating kinda fast and I sorta wanted to laugh cry or both."
- "This show is currently the only radio show that I want to listen to. I listen to the podcast as I drive across the South of Scotland. It works really well."
- "I knew it was you from the music, even before the layered speaking. The voices came in and I was smiling. Your art is so distinctive. Thank you for coming to my ears with surprise and sweetness."
- "How many layers IS this? It's like an auditory baklava!"
- "such a gently aggressive meditation."
- "Channeling the spirit of Joe Frank only improvised & unscored.. beautiful."
- "I love it... very soothing and uplifting. Made me feel like I wanted to move and float."
- "I'm so glad that Ken's Last Ever Radio Extravaganza is never really the last one. This stuff is so incredible."
- "There is always much to appreciate about your oeuvre and one can also say that when there are more than a few messages being transmitted at once, even a quality mind starts to crack under the pressure of simultaneous streams and while the net effect is much like "real life" in its cacophony and multiplicity the end result is a kind of attack and the loss of insight and wisdom. Serenity was sacrificed at the very beginning. For some of course there is finally a transmutation and an understanding while for others there are too many channels and one might say, noise, at which point coherence might bring relief."
- "It was great! I listened to the whole thing. At first the crying was a bit disturbing but then I got used to it and it took the mood to a whole different level/base line."
- "I freaking love your programs... Voice of the subconscious!"
- "I've been listening to Last Ever a lot lately on podcast. On the train. On my bicycle. While I grade a hundred essays on what caused World War II. Someday I'll listen live, too. Thanks for what you do."
- "I didn't quite remember how much I love this show. I'll miss it again next week, but the archives will get my visit."
- "I like the way this makes me feel...tingly and giggly. Like it tickles me from the inside out."
- "absolutely beautiful how these sounds blend together."
- "one of my favourite places on the internet now."
- "listening to your show and finding deep comfort in hearing (more or less) what it sounds like in my head, all or most of the time. Thank you! Fave show of all time."
- "this is a dreamy one, i feel adrift across the planet's surfaces -- a windblown leaf that is an ear that is a hidden mind within a mind that is a little bit of everything and even more of nothing at all."
- "Just about the most vibrating spontaneous sound collage imaginable, transporting you to new spheres of sensation."
- "whatever is happening right now reminds me so much of The Books and i love it. it's magical and unique :) that was wonderful"
- "That was awesome! I listened it and felt inspired. I was walking on the street listening the show and then all the things looked to me as a collage. And the street revealed me the non-logical choreography and even weird combination of circumstances and images. Thank you!"
- "Ken! That was Fantastic! THANK YOU <3 Felt some kinda goodness flowing in out and all around."
- "I just love it! Absolutely beautiful work. I have really enjoyed the dreamy quality to a certain degree of all that I've heard."
- "Thank you so much for this show. It keeps me afloat."
- "A weekly touchstone of unreality amid hard reality."
- "Your latest show is dreamy. I'm hooked again."
- "it enhances my trance state, while numbers swim around me. just stimulated enough to keep focused."
- "Your show has become my semi regular bedtime story."
- "Lovely space!! my hinges oiled as I entered the vortex of creative sound and movement..Love to listen more than once..awakening and comforting."
- "Listening to your show, I really did have a million thoughts and feelings. It's an incredible thing. I think it was great."
- "Your show was wild! Goosebumpies skip up and around my arms! Pink Floyd vibe. You really did an amazing job. Look forward to tuning in next week!"
- "This was mind bending in a very healthy way, thank you!! There are often reoccurring emotions and ideas that only happen to me when listening! They always seem important!"
- "It's great that you are doing the shows again. To come home and get to have your show playing, even though I left the room a few times, was a spiritual comforter. I don't always agree with every aspect of the show in its entirety, but I like what you do very much and I trust it. It's important. Great show!"
- "I really enjoyed hearing your show back live on the air. I've been listening to old shows in the lead-up to this and telling friends and family about your show, spreading the word. A good friend of mine and I are both huge fans, and were excited to see the announcement on your site. Here's hoping for more shows!"
- "It's great to have you back. You have been deeply missed. Truly mean it. Your shows take me away. I believe I have every show you've released for download."
- "I listened to this on Friday night and danced with my hula hoop, it was great! I loved the uplifting words."
- "I should be asleep, but this show is too good."
- "It is like an explosion of wow."
- "I love what you do, the experimental & spiritual nature of it all."
- "A masterful tour-guide, steering listeners through swaths and surges of color, emotion, possibility, inspiration."
- "I've been listening to your show pretty much every day, all different ones. There aren't words to articulate all that it means to me, or how it evokes so much emotion and energy.. I just need you to know how important it is, that you keep creating. You are a brilliant soul and a conduit for creativity, for honesty.. an enigma. You've inspired me in many ways that I am still beginning to understand."
- "this was a great experience and can I please listen to this every night before I go to sleep?"
- "I experienced the night as soulful sonic alchemy. Your spontaneous collage left me feeling expansive and transported yet present and playful. I could feel an intangible shift in my heart in a way that allowed something inside to unfurl and make room for a new unknown possibility, a fertile potential that felt fully ripe, even within the not knowing. It was both seductive and fulfilling, leaving me both satisfied and wanting more."
- "you are some sort of psycho-archeologist and perhaps extraordinarily deep. And there is much wisdom in the vast depths of your shows. One only has to enjoy and survive the medium since the message is there, but not offered in a conventional way. Funny, dramatic and unique."
- "It's really a very strange experience. I would call it psycho-musical fracking. It's like going to therapy and being there for hours and not knowing if you can get out. I'm enjoying it and vaguely also disturbed by it all, and I want more."
- "high audio weirdness...the most original radio show of which i ever claim to be a regular listener."
- "I really like what you are doing and trying to do. It's very scary and interesting to think that almost all you do is based on chance. Your ability to catch "the moment" is astonishing."
- "enjoyed your cd -- a real mindblower... i can really picture it as a psycho-spatial-acoustic mindbender installation. very environmental stuff, as in, becomes part of the surroundings, or becomes the surroundings..."
- "I have currently been online for 7hrs listening to the stuff you have on the website, man it is incredible! I cannot stress enough how wonderful your mixes/shows are, and really hope you do more."
- "You are part of the new wave of dj culture, one that is no longer concerned with b.p.m. but with horizontal mental dances."
- "I love it. Fantastic is what I say. I love your shows, Ken. It's relaxing and exciting at the same time. Bravo."
- "You're like a reality conductor."
- "Your soundscapes are just wonderful...You are so generous in posting your amazing, wonderful fantasy mixes for us to enjoy."
- "listening to you / what i remembered about what has always drawn me to music / what moved me about yr set / was that i felt like i had ditched my body & was simply a presence there / while i was there i experienced what you were doing as seamless egoless / a reflection like a reflection of a tree in a pond / being there & not commenting on itself"
- "I just wanted to tell you your show is the most mesmerizing, exciting radio on anywhere. I even forget it's your show and get mesmerized...it's kind of serendipitous how I catch it. I've listened before but catch it by chance, and it's amazing. Thank you for doing it, and keep doing it."
- "Really really really really [...] really really really like your show and your style. Really? Yeah. Really. Have listened to all the shows in the mp3 archive, whilst at work. It is a wonderful and extravagant experience. Thank you for your efforts."
- "feels like swimming in sound; surfing in soundscapes; an ode to life now. listening i feel rooted in the world echoing inside and the other way around. with your show, sound doesn't save my soul, sound is my soul."
- "Weird and strange and interesting as ever. Love the synchronicities that pop up now and then."
- "your ways of creating leaves room for the listener's mind and also places it in an environment that is sensory and inspiring in an unfamiliar way. It is very much like a dynamic statue garden or otherwise impossible gallery exhibition."
- "I've thought of them as a soundtrack to the craziest EPCOT ride ever."
- "I like it all, love the calls, the breaking down of pop rock riffs into ambient loops, the abstracted movie quotes. I also love hearing the threads disappear and come back through out different shows."
- "Just wonderful stuff. Full of serendipity, questions, collisions, mixes and stirs."